Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Past the adjustment phase yet?

Life as an expat goes through phases. At 5+ years now I'm well past the initial stage, however I'm still learning new things though not at the speed I did at first. Scots have their own phrases for just about everything. Some I learn because of the elderly clients I care for in my job.

Major changes in the last year: hub retired early, I quit working in office environments and now work part-time with the elderly which involves a lot of travel, we are flexible with travel plans and can stay somewhere for a month at a time....

Answer to question.... yes I'm well past the adjustment phase. I forget sometimes that I don't sound like everyone else, but am reminded when someone stops and stares when they hear me speak.

This forum/message board helped me a lot! http://www.americanexpats.co.uk
Sadly didn't discover it until I'd been here for nearly two years.

No comments: